My name is Pam. I’m an independent Speech and Language Therapist, working in Ashford. I have been qualified since 2004 and spent the first 12 years of my career working for the NHS with children aged 0-12 years.
I know that early intervention is vital for children to succeed later in their education and therefore if your child is aged 0-5 years and you have concerns regarding their speech or language skills, please contact me for a free telephone consultation. My telephone number is 07944817388
If you have concerns regarding your child’s:
- Use of language (the words they say or sentences they form)
- Understanding of language
- Speech sound skills (their pronunciation of words)
- Interaction skills (how they interact/play with others)
then please do not hesitate to contact me.
I can offer:
- a free telephone consultation, to discuss you and your child’s needs and decide if an assessment is necessary
- an initial assessment, lasting approximately 1 hour, report and therapy plan with any specialist resources that may be required
- weekly 30 minute therapy sessions (if necessary) at a location of your choosing, usually home or preschool, for approximately 6 weeks
I understand that alongside parents, Early Years Professionals play a key role in a child’s speech and language development and therefore I can also offer to preschools, nurseries and childminders:
- tailor-made training packages, focusing on promoting speech and language within your setting or dealing with specific speech and language and communication difficulties
- consultative visits, focusing on any concerns you may have about the speech and language skills of general children within your setting (consent from parents will be necessary)
- use of Early Years Pupil Premium to fund interventions within your setting